The 100 will not end in season 5, and the showrunner has a 6-7 season plan, promises the president of The CW.

Damn you 100. I was really ready to stop watching, then the last 10 minutes of the season finale left me on the couch with my mouth wide open. See you soon.

Same here. Better fulfill my expectations this season

The Orville86 points · 8 months ago

I'm game for that. I still find the show to be a fun watch. You just have to avoid the fandom like the plague.

I was working on some of the vfx for the pilot episode, and I was sure this was going to be a one episode wonder. Good for them, proving me wrong.

The Orville7 points · 8 months ago

Hey that's pretty cool man. VFX definitely were not the problems with the pilot, they were on point, so you did great work!

The Bellarke shippers are fucking insane! Clexa ones aren't much better either. Really ruins the show for me. I hope to god Clarke ends up single!

The 10033 points · 8 months ago

Not r/The100 though. r/The100's awesome. Social media is cancer in its purest form on the other hand. Such a weird contrast.

/r/the100 was shit during the Lexa debacle.

I haven't been back since to see if it has improved.

wait what happend i recently binge watched the show after putting it off after that terible first season and am kinda curious what the lexa debacle is

I mean, I can ruin it for you if you want lol

i have finished all the seasons so far i mean what was the big fuzz about so ruin it

The 1008 points · 8 months ago

It was shit for a quickie but the rules are so strict and the mods so ruthless that they have created one of the best environments here on reddit to discuss TV. 0 shitposting, 0 drama.

I agree with Joffrey and it wasn’t for a “quickie” imo. The sub was borderline toxic for the rest of S3, just like the fandom as a whole. The solution was to only allow whatever the mods find acceptable. Not the best environment to discuss TV, if what you want is actually discuss all aspects of a TV show.

The 100-3 points · 8 months ago

I meant a quickie as in the grand scheme of things. Lots of TV subs are shitty and are riddled with shitposts thought their entire existence. The mess didn't last that long. 3B was fine, at least for me. Sure, something came up here and there but it's been pretty smooth.

As for your other point, I apologize for the poor wording on my front. Obviously we don't discuss BTS drama because the sub is there to discuss the TV show itself. In that sense I think it is a good environment, whereas subs filled with shit posts and low quality content are not.

26 points · 8 months ago · edited 8 months ago

No need to apologize, we both have our opinions. If it was only banning the Lexa IRL drama than sure, it’s understandable. I mod r/Arrow, there are a few BTS dramas I wouldn’t mind putting behind us. But one look at r/the100 rules updates from last week and it’s quite clear there’s something wrong with that sub - no offense to you.

• “unpopular opinion” in your title? Removed

• “DAE-Does anyone else, HIFW-How I feel when, MRW- My reaction when.” in your title? Removed

• have an opinion that isn’t positive about the show? Removed. “Let's all (Kish included) focus during season five on being positive fans. It makes our subreddit a better place and makes all of us happier people (Kish included). Our Eeyore rule works amazingly well for rooting out those who don't need to be here.” I am in no way a hater of the show. I enjoy it for the most part. I still have some criticism, mainly the blatant BSG copy pasting that went from being a nice hommage in S1 to lazy writing after that. Character development, plots, questionable decisions... There could be discussions about different opinions but nope.

• Meta issues about the show and the sub are banned. No one can publicly discuss the state of the sub and it can actually lead to a user being banned. People can’t have an opinion about this healthy environment.

• “Image posts are allowed on a very limited basis. Current topical value means: unless you are asking about a specific plot element or showing something from a current episode, there is a very good chance your post will be removed. Of course the BTS shots from the creators are allowed and welcome, preferably with an original link.” What even? What’s wrong with image posts?

I used to quite like the sub and was excited to read the episode discussions, as well as the morning after discussions... but in an effort to be better than Twitter/Tumblr/etc, the community turned into a big hive mind that only accepts what a few users deem acceptable. And god forbids someone ever posts something fun, the absolute horror.

The Orville15 points · 8 months ago

Holy shit, thanks for this post. I just read the "rules" and yeah, looks like I'll be looking elsewhere for discussion this season as well. Those rules are nuts.

That's five mods on a little fascist fiefdom powertrip. Fuck that.

Again, thanks for the warning.

r/Arrow now is what r/the100 was during the Lexa drama. As much as i agree that r/the100 was a horribly toxic sub during those times, its really hard to see how a mod of r/Arrow has any room to talk.

I think r/Arrow was that bad around S4, with Laurel’s death and all the surrounding drama. S5 made the sub quite happy and now people are disappointed again after the crossover fiasco. Anyway, am I not allowed to have an opinion about a sub I joined a long time ago because I mod another?

The 1001 point · 8 months ago · edited 8 months ago
  • “unpopular opinion” in your title? Removed

Lol this rule exists because we get a lot of “unpopular opinions” that often end up not being so unpopular. Those opinions can still be expressed. Same with the other title rules. They exist in order to help with the quality of the content posted. Lots of these titles can spring off to be like another rule mentions “just a comment”. Again, not great if you want to have a productive conversation about the show.

Your opinions don’t have to be positive. Heck, IMO the show has been decreasing in quality since S2. This rule mostly exists because there is a contingent of anti fans that sometimes come to piss in our cheerios just because. Those posts are pretty rare nowdays though.

The subreddit bans a lot of people mainly because again, antis. They have dormant accounts on reddit they sometimes use to message other fans of the show and as was once put “drip poison into their ears”. I was skeptical of this but I ended up running into one or two of them. They are antis and will spread negativity for the sake of negativity.

I know this seems like just trying to curb free speech, and in some ways that’s true, but lots of these rules were created because of the antis who don’t contribute to productive conversations whatsoever.

That’s not entirely true. You can talk about the sub on the announcement posts or you can message the mods if you need help or an explanation. Not all meta issues are banned but, again, lots of this results from parts of our fandom consisting of rabid people that go on witch hunts because they don’t like something. Same goes with rumors that very often end up being false. There’s no need to spread fire that was set by some Tumblrina somewhere (about our showrunner being worse than Hitler) that thinks they have all the facts. It ends up confusing people, especially new viewers. There’s wayy wayy too much BTS drama to sift through if you want to have all the facts. And this happens literally all the time on Twitter.

The other option would be to allow the stuff I mentioned above and more, but that definitely wouldn’t create a healthy environment to discuss the show. The rules are strict for a reason and they have worked really well.

Most of the time they’re memes or those useless IG/Tumblr posts. Other times its fans meeting an actor or doing cosplay and those are all allowed. I agree that what you quoted above made it seem super strict but it isn’t that strict in reality.

Fun is allowed, but in the comments. “Fun posts” often just end up being garbage polluting the sub. Our idea of fun is to talk about cannibalism lol.

Sometimes I think the mods should be a little more lenient, but they often explain why the rules are there. Maybe that’s the issue. A lot of people probably don’t know why the rules are the way they are.

This is no means an attack on you or r/Arrow. It is what it is. I stopped watching Arrow this season but still visit the subreddit occasionally because some shitposts are good. But if you want to really discuss the show? It just isn’t a healthy place to do that. Not to mention the revolts against the show r/Arrow has gone through. I’m not saying r/Arrow is bad. Like I said it is what it is. But The 100 is much more discussion oriented than Arrow and I think that the subreddits reflect that.

Sorry for the long post. Cheers!

EDIT: Just checked on r/Arrow. Wow the number of shitposts really has gone down A LOT. Usually when I check it, it is a never ending stream of shit posts with a few legitimate discussion posts that told the poster it isn’t the place to actually discuss the show.

The huge difference I think between both subreddits is moderators’ roles. Mods aren’t supposed to act as leaders of a community. They moderate, make sure users don’t break Reddit’s rules and a few extra rules adapted to the topic at hand (here a TV show). Everything you mentioned about r/Arrow is quite true and is that way thanks to (or because of, depending how you see things) its community. I didn’t want to have the Punisher revolt and wasn’t the only mod thinking that. I thought the Daredevil switch 2 years ago was great because it was unexpected and original. Turning to a Punisher theme was neither of these things imo. But there was a vote and with thousands of yes against a few dozens of no, the community decided to change to a Punisher sub. Did my vote mean more because I am a mod? No, of course not and that’s perfectly normal. My opinion of the show and the fandom doesn’t dictate the way I moderate the subreddit.

Now I get some of the explanations you had for r/the100’s rules but as someone who’s been subbed these past two years... It clearly doesn’t work for everyone.

Our idea of fun

there is the issue. Because it was the popular opinion at one point in time doesn’t mean it is shared by the entire community, or worse: that it should be the only opinion allowed.

It’s cool if you enjoy discussions over there and in no way can I say the subs I mod are perfect places but at least redditors can talk about the show as they want to. If it means serious discussions, shitposts or revolts then so be it. It reflects the community the show creates.

Anyway, we’ll agree to disagree I guess! Cheers :)

5 points · 8 months ago · edited 8 months ago

This is obviously a throw away account for me and I created it because I was told the mods there would ban over just about anything. My two cents?

Fans shouldn’t mod. Near impossible for a fan of a show to mod without bias.

Ive always known Reddit to be a place of open polite discussion. But not in that sub.

“Fun posts” often just end up being garbage polluting the sub

Yeah just look into what Shithole Flash sub turned to be...And mods aren't doing anything to stop all this flood out there. Fuck that sub. It sued to be the first sub I go on reddit back in the day, now I go to that shithole only once in like 2 weeks. And it's always spammed with memes and other shit. Zero discussion.

0 shitposting

then whats even the point of having a subreddit?

Hmm I thought it was pretty tolerable compared to other parts of the fandom

I loved the first season, limped through the second and enjoyed the mystery about some AI lady in red I can’t remember. The the whole love interest w the teenage girl and leader of locals was a bit weird. Haven’t seen it since.

Love The 100!

So happy they are getting the chance to complete their story.

I had a feeling The CW's decision to hold the season premiere to late April was a sign they pretty much already knew the renewal status for The 100 whether it be positive or negative unlike iZombie. This at least makes me feel more confident that the news will be of the positive variety.

7 seasons?

How much more fucked could the Earth get at this point?

The Orville3 points · 8 months ago

What do you mean bud? They just find a ship that wasnt launched before they all went to space and go to another planet that happens to be inhabitable by the people of earth /s

The 100 is so goddamn good, hope it keeps going indefinitely.

It has cool ups and awful downs. I guess it's a good thing it has more seasons but the show looked like it was nearing an end... I guess not

I agree with the awful downs. I really liked it initially. But the whole City of Light thing was a little drawn out. I liked how it ended it but that's also where I ended it. I just had the feeling it was going downhill. Is it actually worth watching the rest?

I dropped it at the same time. :/ what happens with Kane?

Awesome news. This story deserves a proper conclusion.

And it's still fun to watch after all this time, so if they can keep it up, I'm all for it.

I'm surprised it's lasting more than 5 seasons. I always figured they wanted to properly end it for syndication value, and because the premise is very strong and would make a great movie remake series on a mid-budget, but perhaps it does well enough on its own terms.

It's probably The CW's biggest show on social media. And somehow that actually makes money, I recall Scream Queens was renewed based on its immense social media presence in season one. And it's probably also the only genre show they have that most critics take pretty seriously so it's pretty much a guarantee they'll let it play out to a natural end.

Definitely not the biggest, but easily the most vocal!

I would imagine the Arrowverse is CW's biggest shows in terms of social media.

I still like this show, but i wasnt a big fan of the prymefire(or however its spelled) because to me the show was always great because of the world building but then they destroyed it all and now the world is basically just 1000 people now

Ok seriously I watched the first three episodes and thought it was one of the worst science fiction tv show I had ever seen. Why is this show so popular ? Did I miss something good ? Should I keep watching ?

I think episode 4 might surprise you. The series does start off pretty cringey but it gets so much better.

The first few episodes are very "CW" but it gets a lot better after this. From what I remember episode 4 was when it started to get more serious. The show can get surprisingly dark and has some really good character development so I would definitely suggest trying a few more episodes.

Keep watching, it gets better with every episode.

I'd say give it another shot. Yeah, it has some CW moments, but for the most part, it's really fucking solid as the seasons and consequences ramp up. Plus, it probably has some of the best female protagonists in TV in my opinion.

The rabid fanbase fucking blows though.

It picks up right after that and goes up from there. S2 the show changes tone completely. It's one of my favorite tv seasons

Gets better end of Season 1/all of Season 2.

It's honestly terrible for the first 4-5 episodes before becoming quite good through season 2. In season it goes back to shit and I gave up on the show.

Should I keep watching ?

No, contrary to what the fans believe it is CW shit throughout.

The 100 is just garbage.

This subreddit basically deepthroats any sci-fi show regardless of quality because Reddit tends to skew towards nerdy niche stuff. The 100 is honestly pretty bad. It does improve a bit but it never really becomes a good (or even decent) show.

You're getting downvoted because you stated your opinion as a fact, but I agree.

The 100, in my opinion, is a pretty bad show. I love some of the ideas and the overarching story, but the minute-to-minute stuff is just awful. It's fun science fiction, but it's not necessarily stuff that makes you think.

I stopped watching this show but I remember it had some weird feminist agenda where for some reason every group had to have a female leader.

BoJack Horseman-3 points · 8 months ago

I thought this was canceled ages ago? No?

-9 points · 8 months ago(0 children)

Admins please fix markdown. ##A general discussion television community for news, user discussion, reviews, video clips and more. See our sidebar to check out our calendar which lists upcoming premieres for shows, specials and so on. We conduct a yearly survey on users' favorite shows which you can look at [here](https://i.imgur.com/NouwAaX.png). For an archive of premiere discussions, click [here](https://old.reddit.com/r/television/search?q=flair%3Apremiere&restrict_sr=on&sort=new&t=all).

r/television Rules
No spoilers
No piracy
No duplicate news/old news
No listicles
No political reporting except for late night shows
No bad/vague/false/misleading/etc. titles
Being uncivil to other users
Asking for a recommendation